Wednesday, May 16, 2007

MORE Adventures in Milford

Well, the adventures just keep coming for us. I wonder if it is Milford or if it is living on a farm or if it is just us. We had an interesting Mother's Day. JC gave my my present on Friday since he didn't know if he would be here or not on Mother's Day. He made the kids hand print in plaster of paris. It was really sweet. If you don't know JC, you should know he is not crafty in any way. Then Sunday came around. Our chicks and ducks made a huge mess in their cage and it was sooooo smelly. We had to clean it before church or they would get sick. We put the chicks outside in their outside pen and out the ducks in the bathtub. We started to clean up the mess and get side tracked. Suddenly I remember, THE WATER IS STILL RUNNING!!! I go dashing into the bathroom to find the water flowing over the side of the tub and on the floor. It had been doing that for several minutes. I turn off the water, and start grabbing towels. It was a mess. We finally got everything under control. We cleaned up everything and got to church 15 minutes late. Sacrament was o.k. then we get our flowers. Mine was dying. I walked around the hall with it and people were looking at me like "nice flower". Let's just say, I don't want to repeat that Mother's Day.
Our next adventure was the next day. I was going to put our ducks and chicks outside for the night. I am so tired of their messes inside. It was too cold so they had to be in AGAIN! I didn't have their inside cage ready and it was late so I put them in the bathroom with the door closed. The next morning I woke up the a huge mess. That's it. They are going outside and that is where they stayed last night and I couldn't be happier. The ducks have a kiddie swimming pool to play in and all is well.
Meat chick adventures are still happening even though he is dead. I went out to water our garden and poor meat chick had been dug up during the night and he is no longer in the ground. Something came and ate him. We don't know what, but we do know it wasn't any of our pets. We didn't tell Olivia, I filled in the hole, put the rock back on top and went on my way. She has a new baby chick, not a meat chick though. She loves it. She names it Miss Bianca. You know the mouse from the rescuers. Well, When we got it it had just hatched that day.
I have to tell you about the store we bought it at though. It was in Beaver, and it was a video/dance studio/ farm store. The front of the building is the dance studio and the back is the video/ farm store. You walk in past rows and rows of videos and then you come the the counter and to the left is more videos and the right is poultry food and different animals to buy. There were rabbits, mice, geese, ducks and chickens. It was the weirdest store I have ever been to. I bet people are waling around going "Honey, I want to rent a video and hey while we are there let's buy a duck."
Anyway, that is my week thus far. Please post on here so I know I am not just writing for myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lydia, sounds like a really crazy week. I wish I had a chick so I could name it meat chick! We got candy bars for mother's day at church thanx to Mandy, the guy who was in charge of mother's day stuff's wife. Let me know what you were going to tell me when you called the other day. Your message went "Lori, I just called to tell you....hellllloooo." I'm pretty sure that wasn't exactly all you had to tell me but if it was then you're going to have to explain. Anyway, TTYL.
-Lori

Sharon said...

Lydia, Wow, I can barely handle two kids, and I have NO animals. I don't know how you do it. I hope your animals keep up the entertainment!