Friday, May 18, 2007

Life on a farm....

This past week it has really hit me that I live on a farm. I have always known but now I KNOW!!! Just a minute ago I went out and threw hay to our goats, fed the chickens and gathered eggs and it really came into view that I am a farmer. It seems really weird but it is true. It also came into light when Olivia's new chick, Miss Bianca died. I knew she was going to so I went to my friend Sharla's house and dropped the chick off and asked them to kill it since it was suffering. We then went back to the video/farm store and got Olivia 2 healthy chicks; which are doing rather well. Anyway, Sharla dropped a rock on it and killed it. Man, I am in the boonies and things are so different here then in Salt Lake. I love it here though. So anyway, so Olivia told me she did not want another yellow chick. She is soured on yellow chicks. She got a brown and a grey one.
The adoption is almost finished. We have all our paperwork done and now have to make copies of everything and then send it off. I am so thrilled. We should get a referral in 2 weeks if all goes well. I am going to have 3 kids. Can you believe it? I can't. I am going to have a heard aren't I?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You still need a meat chick.