Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Beauty Pageant


So, I swore I was one of those moms who would never put their child in a beauty pageant. Well, not only did I put one girl in it, I put both my girls. I am not going to do this every year but I thought it would be a good opportunity for the girls and just something different for them to do. Olivia and Kyra had their moment in the spotlight and shined brightly. Kyra was in the age group 3-4. She was really nervous but she got up on stage dressed as a miner and sang her song "16 Tons" with all her might. JC and I were so proud. Then she dressed in her Ethiopian outfit for the dress competition and twirled til her little heart was full. She did so well. The judges gave their choices and Kyra didn't win. We weren't surprised. The judges knew the other mom and their kids won. SHOCKING Oh well, she did well anyway. Kyra did get a crown though. Then Olivia was up for the 5-6 year olds. She got up and sang all the words to "These Boots Are Made For Walking." She had on bright pink boots and when the song ended she started marching all over the stage. Then she wore her Ethiopian dress and twirled all around. The judges picked the winners and no Olivia didn't win either. Both girls had fun and were so proud of themselves. JC and I were so proud of both our girls. They got over their fears and did awesome. Too bad the judges didn't see them the way we do. Great job girls. We are so proud and we love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute and BRAVE! I wish we could have seen them perform. :)

Miss Deja said...

How fun for you guys and them! Their little costumes are so cute and it sounds like they are quite the talented little beauty queens. Looks like so much fun...