Sunday, May 18, 2008

An ER visit, a car crash and more

Well, we have just returned from our trip to Salt Lake. We had a lot to do while we were there. We had 6 doctor visits, 2 birthday parties, mothers day and a temple trip. SO much to do in so little time. We did get to see JC for 4 days but he is once again in Oregon working. So, while in Salt Lake we had a few things happen. First, we were on our way to the temple for my sister-in-law, she is going on a mission, and JC, my father-in-law Joe and brother-in-law Robert were all riding together in Joe's car. Joe's brakes gave out and we hit a car on our way. No one was imjured, it was barely even a fender bender. The cops said the accident was unreportable. We missed the temple completely. The next day I was taking the kids to my mom's house and as the kids were getting in the car, Kyra shut the car door on her fingers. I rushed her to the ER thinking she was going to need stitches or maybe even have a broken bone. Luckily everything was fine. On another day I had to get a stool sample from Damien, the real highlight of my trip let me tell you. We found out he has a parasite, brought over from Ethiopia, and he is now on medication. Let me just say that carrying around a cup of your childs poop should be example enough of how much we love our children. Those are some of the highlights of my trip. I was really happy to get home. I do miss my family but nothing beats your own home. Things aren't any calmer here though. Hopefully my next trip up North will be a little calmer.

2 comments:

Miss Deja said...

Sounds like quite the trip Lydia! You're such a great mom...carrying poop is a sure sign of love! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Lydia, do you ever have a calm month? Well, I'm glad that everything worked out and everyone is ok.